Sunday 18 December 2011

lilac

oh gosh, it's been too long since i posted! so sorry, but my life is massively dull & i didn't want to bore you with it.
i took a couple of quick outfit photos today (we've had family over for my dad's birthday), they're a bit rushed & rubbish i'm afraid! i wore this the other day to go shopping with a friend, & i thought i'd post it here because it's quite different to what i usually wear.
jumper - gift, blouse - car boot sale/miss selfridge, skirt - h&m, tights - mother's.
i've had this jumper for about three or four years but i've never really worn it before, it has sat in my wardrobe unworn for quite some time. i kind of liked the spots & stripes combination in this outfit, and the black & turquoise colours. i'm also wearing turquoise tights, but they didn't photograph well!
i love the collar on this blouse! i bought it at a car boot sale for £1, and it is so versatile. it's very completely sheer, so it's quite difficult to wear in the daytime unless it's covered up like this.
my hair is such a total disaster area at the minute. it's just ridiculous to manage & i'm so, so bored of the cut. my mum has bought me a vintage hairstyles book for christmas (or possibly my birthday) so hopefully i'll be able to learn how to do pin curl & victory rolls etc, because i am such a total failure at trying to copy youtube tutorials & i really want to be able to actually do things with my hair!


i've also decided i really want to dye my hair a lovely shade of grey/lilac! i love the whole lilac rinse colour (like the middle picture), and i've decided to stop harping on about it & actually do it. i'm going to book an appointment to get my hair cut in january, and then for a colour consultation. it may well end up being a mistake, but i don't even care. if i'm ever going to do it, now is the time.

7 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks great on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh, that lilac is such a pretty hair color! i love those pictures! good luck with your appointment, i am so excited to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pincurl tutorial fail for me as well. I always end up looking like Cousin It. :/ I can't seem to figure out in which direction to roll!

    A from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh its so beautiful, recon im heading this way for summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. verry beautiful, i enjoy this color!

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.