Sunday 12 December 2010

she's lost control

hi.
sorry for that last post of misery, i just get really down sometimes & can't get out of that mood. i always find december really hard too because of situations with my family & christmas. there's some pretty difficult stuff happening with my dad at the moment too, but it's mostly my problem. i also feel like my heart problem has started worsening again too, which both scares & saddens me. thank you for the nice comments on the post, seriously from the bottom of my heart thank you (& thanks kate).
so, before i use the word thanks more than is entirely bearable, let's move on shall we?
for my art project, i've been looking at water & i've been struggling to get an idea for my final piece. i know that i want it to be mixed media with textile & drawing elements, but i didn't really have the faintest idea what to do until i started trawling flickr & tumblr for some ideas. here are a few of the images i've been inspired by;





1 & 2 - mary robinson; 3, 4 & 5 - unknown; 6 - sir john everett millais.
now all that remains is for me to get in the bath wearing a floaty dress & try to recreate this. clearly going to be nowhere near as amazing as these pictures, but i'm going to give it a go! i'm going to try & combine those with some of the underwater film photographs i took on holiday, although i seriously don't know how i'm going to get this done before friday!
tonight i'm listening to joy division instead of watching the x factor & pondering over secret santa, good morrow friends (:

7 comments:

  1. Hello Charlotte, I've just found your blog and it is lovely. These pictures are beautiful and very inspiring. I'm sure you're going to have an amazing finished art project when you're done. I looked through some of your old posts and you really are a wonderful artist. Best of luck to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been feeling down lately. I hope your health improves too <3 These photos are gorgeous. Good luck with your final piece! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so interesting. Your thought process. I'm sure it'll turn out really beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello sweetpea :) remember me?
    Your project sounds interesting, i really like the picture of the gold bathtub! It makes me miss art :( lol
    I hope you're ok and things sort themselves out for you :)
    love kat fashionpeach17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sending lots of love and hugs your way x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those images are inspirational - I've always wanted to do photography involving water - another thing to add on my list!

    And in regard to your first paragraph, i'll check out your previous post now, but, hold in there whatever it is :)
    Remember that your moods depend on you yourself - finding inspiration which motivates you to 'live it' is always the way forward.
    Chin up soldier! :)

    Sorry for my incredibly late reply, but blogging has been off my agenda for about a week!
    Finally have a new post up :)

    NE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures! Very artistic!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.