Tuesday 6 July 2010

the needle and the damage done

some people asked for me to post the finished version of my artwork which i posted the pictures for last week, so, erm *awkward drumroll* here it is.

oh, it's a poppy head by the way, in case you weren't sure what it was! (and the medium is oil pastel)
this really does make me feel quite awkward; i don't want people to think i'm posting this because i think i'm awesome, i did it because people asked but i am also quite proud of this. i never used to feel that i could draw or paint or do other arty things as well as the other people in my school - or even in my art class - but over this past year my confidence & my ability have really grown. i feel very comfortable drawing now, & i don't feel like the rubbish outsider in my class any more.
*
anyway, moving on.
i would like to thank both Nat Elizabeth & JC for giving me this lovely blog award;
it really means quite a huge amount to me that people even read my blog, let alone comment like these two do. and it means an even huger amount that they love this blog, as the award suggests. so thank you very very much girls!
i think i'm supposed to send these on to 15 bloggers, but personally i think that's too many & it won't be as special that way, so i'm going to pass it on to two of my favourites, Kat & Lexy. you should go visit their blogs, & those of my awarders too, as they really are all wonderful people.
i'm off to edinburgh tomorrow with my art class for a day of galleries & amazingness, so hopefully i should have some pretty pictures to share with you all soon!
*
ps. i think i should explain the title of this post as it seems a tad pessimistic. so, poppy seeds are used to make opium which (forgive me if i'm wrong) is something to do with heroin, which that song by neil young is about! phew, okay done.

13 comments:

  1. Charlotte, that is amazing :O! So jealous of you right now - oil pastels are increds.
    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh thank you so much! i'm glad you like (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! that is truly an amazing piece of artwork. you should be so very very proud. honestly, especially as oilpastels aren't the easiest medium to use <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy poppy seeds, Batman! That's so amazing :o

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're really good! and yeah to ^that, oil pastels are bloody tough :L xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, i'm so touched that my blog is one of your faves! =D thankyou for the award :)
    and you are very talented! that picture must have taken ages, you deserve a A or B definetley (Y)

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lady this is amaze!
    BE proud, rightly so!
    And I've always wanted to go visit Edinburgh =]
    Apparently ca tres belle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS ART. I love it! I'm such a fail with oil pastels (blending it seems to be troublesome for me. Though it might just be the quality of my pastels. Which were a few bucks from Walmart haha.)

    Congrats and the award and THANKS SO MUCH FOR REAWARDING (er?) IT TO ME! Yay!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really incredible, my art teacher would have given you an A+!
    Heh, I was always the rubbish outsider in my art class back in highschool :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww thank you everyone (:
    i am majorly blushing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How was the art gallery? I love visiting galleries. Sadly, where I live... well, to put it blatantly, everything's lame. Including the nonexistent galleries. ;)

    Still think this is fantastic - you must post more!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think it's amazing - proper beautiful.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.