Saturday 6 April 2013

Princess of pink.

Happy April! I have been in a very productive mood today, and I have got enough done that I don't really feel guilty taking a little break to write this post. I feel like it might be the only time I get before work and writing things start to pile up again, so here we go!
When I was back in Newcastle, I went with my mum to the most beautiful vintage fair I have ever been to! It was in the Theatre Royal in the centre of town, which is a really lovely building in the centre of town. They don't normally do events like this (but since the council cut all arts funding in Newcastle BY A HUNDRED PER CENT they've had to look at new ways to get money to keep from going under), but I'm so glad they did because it was amazing! They had like, six floors of really good quality vintage and retro stalls, we didn't even get a chance to look through them all as it was so busy. I've signed up to have a stall with them in August, and if I were you I'd really recommend going to one of the events if they have one near you - this one was called Newcastle Does Vintage, and they do lots in other cities (their Twitter is here!). I also met four people who I'd worked at fairs with in the past, which was surreal but nice. I also saw a woman who I'd kind of had a weird falling-out with and who I was a bit worried about seeing, but she was actually really friendly and it was a total relief.
...Anyway, I bought some pretty things that I want to show you! You know sometimes when you buy things from fairs, and you're happy with them, but they're not amazing? And sometimes they are just too incredible and you can't believe your luck? Well, the latter is what happened to me at this fair! Below is my first purchase, which is so fucking cute I can't even deal with it. (Above is the little box it came in)
It's a strawberry plant, in a strawberry plantpot! So so cute! It is just absolutely adorable, I have worn it almost every day since I bought it.
The woman whose stall I bought it from was absolutely lovely! She had so many cute things It was really difficult to decide what I wanted, but when she said this one was a complete one-off I knew I had to get it. She buys mystery Japanese dolls house tea sets (basically, there are no options on the website & what you get is a complete surprise) and this piece came from a little gardening set! I love it so much.
Here are a bunch of links for her shop by the way: Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Two Penny Lane website.
Here is the necklace in close up.
Now to my second purchase! It might seem familiar to some of you, and that's because this little lamb featured in Meadham Kirchhoff's SS12 collection! Also known as, my favourite collection of all time!
I remember reading about the lamb and some of the other motifs in this collection being taken from Edward Meadham's personal collection of vintage decals;
We worked on this jacket for a long time. It’s appliquéd with a sequined lamb motif that is from an old crib decal that I have on my computer. He is the lamb that is on the invitation to the show under the collection title, “A Wolf in Lamb’s Clothing.” - Edward Meadham, at Rookie.
I'm sure I've read more about him having a collection of these, but I can't find it anywhere! If I do, I'll link it here.
I can't believe I actually own this! This is a very weird, fan-girly moment for me. It just feels cool to own something behind the idea behind the collection. Like, it makes it feel really personal somehow? I know I will probably never own anything from that collection, or be able to afford to even, but I still have a connection to it in some way. I think I am feeling really sentimental about fashion and material things today, a friend from my course is starting a new alternative magazine and I've just finished writing a piece for her on fashion and feminism, which has made me think about these things in depth a lot more.
The inside (which unfortunately isn't velvet but is some weird kind of velour?)
Here it is on my desk in my little room in Sheffield, with all my jewellery. I love seeing all my jewellery together like this, it's a pretty good collection I think. One of my friends told me I am the Princess of Pink, and seeing all of this together I think I have to agree with her!
*
Sorry that so many of my posts now are basically like ~hey, here's some stuff I bought! I'm going to try and work on some outfit posts soon, as I do have a few new pieces of clothing I want to show you, and I do want them to be in outfits, not just lying on my bed. 

15 comments:

  1. The Meadham Kirchhoff box is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the jewelery box is really cute, we should know! The lamb was draw for us in 1965! The decals are still available on our website. Everyone can have a little bit of Meadham Kirchhoff :-)

      Delete
  2. everything you bought is amazing!! That strawberry plant is so adorable. And the Meadham Kirchhoff box!!! So fantastic! The jewelry box is gorgeous as well <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a brilliant box. Need to get one for my expanding jewelry collection but I don't think I could find one as nice as yours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute box! That must've been such an incredible find and the necklace is so adorable too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the cute little box! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it too! Have loved the lamb since it was drawn for us in 1965 :-)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for putting the link up to her Etsy store. Seriously, I have a girl crush on you now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything look so adorable!

    http://www.frenchinlosangeles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, this looks al so cute! I especially love the necklace! just so adorable!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow CUTENESS! Love everything, that lamb is my wallpaper on my phone!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love love love the little lamb. Super duper cute. ANd I love the relevance and link to your favourite collection. I can certainly see how that collection is your favourite. And the necklace is super cute as well. So much cuteness in the one post, I'm overwhelmed by all the cuteness :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the lamb too! It was drawn up for us in 1965.

      Delete
  11. I randomly just came across your blog and I have to say its one
    of the bestest blogs that I have EVER came across- FROM YOUR NEWEST & No1 FOLLOWER heheh

    www.fashionsmama.blogspot.com

    P.S- I hope if you wouldnt mind to checkout my new blog its by me and my 13year old twin sister.It would mean alot to us

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. that jewellery box is an amazing find! your pieces look wonderful in it :)

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.