Friday 24 August 2012

Tiddly pom pom tutorial.

Hello! The lovely Kailey left me a comment on this post saying I should do a tutorial on how to make pom poms, and so, lo and behold, I have! I was going to write it all down with photographs, but I decided it would be far too long so I made a video instead. Actually, I made two because it took longer than I thought & my memory card has a limit on video length. Also, I think I wittered on too much!
Here is Part One (my voice is a bit weird and quiet at the beginning because I was a bit nervous and trying not to be heard by my dad & my brother);

And here's Part Two;



If you'd rather watch them on Youtube, you can find them here and here.
This post has been rather a long time coming! It took me a while to film the videos, and then I had to upload them to Youtube which took, like, five hours. And that's probably underestimating it. FUN FACT: I actually made three pom poms while attempting to film these. Sigh. Also, sorry I didn't actually show you how to make the headbands! Basically, 1) Buy plain headband, 2) Apply glue, 3) Attach pom poms. Done.
*
I don't know if I will be making any more videos, but if I do they will probably be thematically linked to this blog. I have actually been thinking of making a video all about how to buy vintage clothes, or how I buy them anyway, would that be something people would want to see? I will probably have to do it quite soon, or at least before I go to university because I know that I'll be leaving a lot of my more delicate vintage pieces at home. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed seeing me make pom poms & seeing all the silly facial expressions I make when I speak! My Youtube channel is here, if you'd prefer to watch them there.

1 comment:

  1. Eeee Charlotte!! Thank you so much for going to all the trouble to put this up!! I absolutely loved the videos - the quality was beautiful and so is your voice *_* I definitely want to see more videos from you in the future <33

    I am so inspired to go make a ton of pom poms, and will be gluing them onto a headband just like you! :D

    ReplyDelete

the wrote and the writ.